Construction on the docks began in March 2006. Shore side buildings broke ground in March 2007. National City was once a working wharf in the 1800′s where ships would off load lumber, grain, honey, salt and many other items.
Pier 32 Marina
3201 Marina Way
National City, Ca 91950
The following documents are required either with application or before slip rental.
A copy of the current vessel registration or documentation is required prior to approval of this application and yearly at the time of documentation/registration renewal as long as the vessel is moored at the Marina. All persons named on the registration/documentation will be required to sign the final Wharfage Contract.
A “Certificate of Insurance” listing Pier 32 Marina as the ADDITIONAL INSURED is required prior to rental of this slip and yearly at the time of insurance renewal for as long as the vessel is moored at the Marina. If Insurance is “Continuous” – proof of such status must be furnished to the Marina Office.
What we need:
- Combined Single Limit Liability coverage in the amount of $500,000 or more
- Oil Spill and Pollution Liability listed on the Declaration page
- Pier 32 Marina LLC named as additional insured
- The boat must be identified on the Declaration page (make, year, etc.)
- Dates of coverage-we cannot accept “with no fixed expiration date”
- NOTE: Progressive Insurance is unable to provide Liveaboard insurance at this time and will not be accepted if the vessel in question is designated with Liveaboard status.
- A current color photograph of the vessel is required prior to approval of this application. All vessels are subject to marina manager’s inspection and approval.
Map / Directions
Located 6 minutes south of Downtown San Diego on Interstate 5. Take the Bay Marina Drive (Mile of Cars Way) exit in National City and head west. At the stoplight turn left onto Marina Way
There is total deep water access from San Diego Bay to the entrance of the marina. Enter Sweetwater Channel at green buoy #39. 32 deg 39.02′ N Latitude 117 deg 06.43′ W Longitude.